Hello July! I know I am a few days late from posting my June recap. I had taken some time away from blogging to spend time on vacation, and to just recoup. Lately, I have been struggling with feeling burnt out with everything I did. I have been constantly busy since the beginning of the year, with very little breaks in between. Don't get me wrong, I loved it! BUT, I also needed time to slow down, to breathe, and to actually enjoy everything that was happening around me. Does this sound familiar?
But, I am back to blogging regularly again, and will be posting a lot of content over the next few weeks! I would love to know if there is any specific you would like to see on the blog? Be sure to leave a comment for me below. This can be about anything for brides, photographers, or even personal life! I can't wait to hear what you what to see more of!
Enjoy my June recap, it was filled with SO many great events!!
- I started the month off by second shooting for Olivia Caine Photography! It is always such a pleasure to work with Olivia and second shoot for her! The wedding was located at Willoughby Golf Club in Stuart, FL. This was such a stunning golf course! When we arrived though, it was down pouring and we were a little worried, but of course knew we could make it work! But by the time the ceremony started, the rain stopped and the sun came out! It was such a perfect day!
- After having to reschedule due to the rain, I finally got to meet Jari + Jason and do their engagement session! We meet up at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL, and it was the most stunning location! It was the perfect spot for an engagement session. These two were so cute and so much fun to photograph. Incase you missed it, you can view their engagement session HERE! :)
- I second shot for Sydney Morman Photography! I love second shooting for Sydney, she is such an amazing photographer and a great friend! The wedding was small and intimate and at such a beautiful location. The wedding was located at The Golden Bear Club in Windermere, FL. The couple even had a live band sing their first dance song. It was seriously so amazing!
- Andrew and I took a day off and traveled up to Tavares, FL and went on a Wizard of Oz train ride! Oh my goodness, it was SO much fun! I had been hearing about this train ride on the radio for weeks, and I was dying to go. Well it just happened we both had the day off, so we made it happen! It was such a blast, they reenacted the Wizard of Oz play while taking a train ride from Tavares to Mount Dora. It was such a fun experience!
- I photographed Chelsea + Ryan's wedding in Connecticut! I have been looking to their wedding for so long, and I could not wait to see them again! We had so much fun at their engagement session, that I knew the wedding would be just as amazing! You can view their engagement pictures HERE in case you missed them! They got married at Wickham Park overlooking the Hartford skyline. Seriously, it took my breathe away, it was stunning! I loved that Sydney got to join me on this trip and second shoot for me too!
- I also made sure to spend a few days in Connecticut seeing my family, and friends! The first night, my best friend arrived and we took our usual trip to Sugar Bakery! This is hands down my favorite cupcake bakery ever! It was so much fun, and so good to see her again! The rest of the trip I made time to spend with my family and my baby nephew Logan. It was so good to see everyone and to catch up again, I did not want to leave!
- I attended a styled shoot while in Connecticut hosted by Styled Shoot's Across America! I was SO excited to see they had a shoot scheduled while I was in CT! I missed the one in Florida and I was dying to attend on of theirs! The styled shoot was located at the Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown, CT. I cannot wait to share this one on the blog with y'all, it was stunning!!
- Andrew and I attended a Graduation Party for my work. Incase you didn't know, I also work at a hospital, and I work for a residency program. Therefore eight of our doctors graduated the program this year, and they throw them a party every year. We had such a great time getting dressed up, and having him meet all my coworkers and doctors I work for.
- Andrew and I then spent the day with Christina + Mark over in Tampa! We explored their wedding venue for their wedding coming up this September. I am SO thankful I get to be their wedding photographer, and that we have all become such good friends! I am so excited for their big day! We also did one of our favorite activities together and went to an escape room! We love going to do escape room's with them. They are so challenging, but so much fun! We also went to Dough Nation for the first time. Have ya'll been there? This place has edible cookie dough! It was actually pretty good, but only a small amount at a time!
- I second shot for Rania Marie Photography! After talking to Rania for a few weeks prior to the wedding, I was really looking forward to second shooting for her! She was so sweet, and we got along great, I knew it was going to a blast to photograph Haney + Charlie's wedding day! The wedding was located at Hammock Beach Resort, in Palm Coast, FL. I had never been there before, but of my goodness, this place was so beautiful. They had a very small and intimate wedding, and got married overlooking the ocean. It was a dream come true! Then during portrait time, we got to drive around on a golf cart around the resort to capture images of them! Seriously, we had way too much fun!!
Overall I have to say June was a pretty spectacular month! It was super busy, but it was also filled with so many great memories. I loved getting to make new friends, photograph weddings, see family, and spend time with Andrew. That is a pretty perfect month to me! I am excited to see what the rest of July has in store for me!